Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Forums finally up!

Posted by Sanjuro 
Forums finally up!
August 27, 2008 03:13PM
After many hours of work, I managed to get the forums up and running. This forum is powered by Phorum, which I chose because of it's simplicity. I know that these forums won't be that heavily used or populated, so I wanted something streamlined that I could integrate into the site properly without looking too clunky. It took forever getting everything to look right, but I think it was time well spend since the results aren't bad at all. I'm planning on linking this to the home page via rss feeds or something so I can just update here from now on instead of editing html everytime I want to make an update.

August 25, 2008

Updated the figures section, and added lots of pics for the Amie-Grand resin statue, toycom PVC figure, the yamato figures, and others. Also added stuff to the OVA an Links pages. Forum and media will be coming soon.

August 24, 2008

Website is finally complete and online! Spent forever hunting down various pictures to use for the top navigation menu, but it I think it turned out all right, so it was worth it. The Tomoe and Kenshin profiles were taken from images of animation cells. For the background, I tried to re-create the scene where Kenshin is fighting Kiyosato and he slashes a wooden wall, leaving a large slash across it. I actuatally took an image of several pieces of wood and then arranged them properly, and applied several filters to get them looking right. Finding a good image of a katana was difficult. I wanted the hamon to be prominent, but most photographs of swords have too much reflection from the flash, so people use scanners to get good images. But scanners make the sword look kind of dull and dead. For the menu, I wanted the letters to look like an engraving on the actual sword, so I played around with photoshop a bit to get the desired effect.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2008 02:07AM by Sanjuro.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.