Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My first Cel!

Posted by Sanjuro 
My first Cel!
December 09, 2008 05:18PM
Been extremely busy lately with finals and haven't had the chance to work on updates lately. I'll probably get the media section done after my last exam on Thurs.
Some good news though, I got my first animation cel. For those of you who don't know, cels are hand drawn and painted transparencies which are photographed and put on film to produce animation. Since thousands of cels are needed for the production of one animated film, many cels find their way onto the market. The point of owning a cel is that you actually get to hold an original piece of the artwork that went into making your favourite anime. Recently, animation has become computer based, eliminating the need for cels.
Fortunately, the Kenshin OVA was produced using cels. Unfortunately, they are quite rare and go for a very high price when they are sold. I managed to find one recently for a fair price. As my first cell, I didn't want to spend too much money since I don't know that much about cel collecting and didn't want to get ripped off.
Anyways, here it is:

Not the best cel ever, but I like it and I like the fact that I own a physical piece of the OVA now.
Now I just gotta find one of Kenshin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2008 05:20PM by Sanjuro.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.